May 7, 2014

May Gray & June Gloom

The month had only just begun, but already my husband was complaining about the lack of clouds. Well, he got his wish yesterday, and might again today too. I've written a little before about the weather effect known around here as May Gray - June Gloom. Last year we got just 17 days of gray. "Not enough!" my husband declared. We'll have to wait and see what this year has in store for us. But so far, if the last two days are any indication, it looks like it will be a good one for those of us who actually enjoy a cloudy day every now and again.

Something else I've written about here is how we've had to adapt and find a new balance after little Sam joined our family. Well, Sam is two and I think if I am honest the new balance basically means I don't have a lot of time or energy to devote to this space. I want to write and share, but at the end of the day I really just want to snuggle with and talk to my husband. So there you have it.

Presently, this week in particular is quite full. Gabe will make his First Holy Communion this Saturday, and my mom is in town for that very special occasion. So we've been very busy preparing. But now she's here and I have all of Gabe's clothes ready for his big day, I think we can settle down and enjoy our time together.

Speaking of baby Sam, I hear him waking, which my cue to say goodbye. Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I have basically given up reading blogs - and even blogging in any "meaningful" way. But, I'm glad to see you are still out there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if I am here, it is only just barely! =)

      Delete
  2. So glad I am not the only Southern Californian who wishes for more "gray" days and definitely not looking forward to the high temps next week! Congratulations to Gabe on his First Holy Communion it's such a special day for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will it be hot next week? It was last week, and the last few days have been a nice break from the heat. The gray days that do come this time of year are always some of my favorite. Our boys like them too.

      Gabe is super-excited about Saturday. It is so sweet! I think I will probably remember it better than I do my own First Communion. It should be a very happy day. =)

      Delete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...