October 24, 2013

variation on a theme

 

Several months ago I made the card above using bits and pieces I had left from Walnut Grove. Now, that was a collection I didn't realize I'd love as much as I did. It happens that way sometimes. I don't use too many floral designs in my scrapbooking, but that line was perfect for cards (for me, anyway).

Often when I come upon a design I really like I'll want to play with it a bit more. Just making small changes, or sometime no change at all, just to see where it takes me. I do this, a lot. These next two cards are nearly identical to the one above.


I had these die-cuts from Jillibean Soup and I knew I'd never get around to using them on a layout, so I decided to put them to use here.


They were the perfect size and I think they work well. Gabe and Nathan like the card with the bike the most; that is their "favorite."

I don't have as much time as I'd like for crafting these days. It does not help that we moved my scrapbooking space to a room upstairs. It is just not as easy as it once was for me to do a little bit here and there throughout the day. So I'm having to find a new rhythm and be a bit more intentional in finding time to be creative. I'll figure it out I'm sure, but for now it is a little bit of a bummer.


This morning as I was putting on my jeans I felt inside one of the pockets to find a cookie and a cheerio (except that we don't buy Cheerios we buy Trader Joe's Honey Nut O's, but you get the idea). Yeah, does stuff like that ever happen to you? It kind of grossed me out a little 'cause I forgot they were in there as I had meant to put them in the trash yesterday. I'm thinking it is an occupational hazard... And yes, I am wearing the same pants two days in a row. I make no apologies or excuses for it either.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I too wear the same jeans 2 days in a row (we're moms and entitled! :)) also won't even mention what have been found in my or the kids' pockets - too gross to mention. :) I will say never forget to check their pockets cause crayons that go through a washing machine and dryer are not good for any of the clothes in the load or the dryer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these layered cards. The flower on the first one is beautiful!
    Oh, and I've found melted hershey's kisses in my pockets before :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...