March 20, 2012

mini madness at write.click.scrapbook.


So, obviously I haven't been too great at keeping up with blogging this month.  I think you understand though.  We've been spending a lot time getting to know this little one

Oh, he is so cute!

But before this month gets away from me, I wanted to pass this along...  In case you didn't know, this month at write.click.scrapbook. is all about the mini.  We kicked off the month as we always do, with a new gallery; nineteen mini albums for your inspiration.  Whether you love mini albums, or find them a challenge, I know you'll find something there to spark your creativity.

For my gallery, I shared this mini album about my favorite season, I've mentioned it before:


Confession:  I always have a heck of a time photographing my minis.  I've yet to find the perfect spot in my house with the just-right lighting.  So, these photos all look just  a tiny bit more yellow than they should be.  Something to work on.

I started working on this album last fall.  I had wanted to make a very simple mini to collect my favorite photos and memorabilia from the season.  I also wanted to step a little outside of my comfort zone and make something that was more free-form in style, and to make an effort to use some of my older supplies. My plan was to pull out all of my fall papers and embellishments and pick items at random from there.  Here are a few of my favorite pages:


The opening pages with one of my favorite photos from last fall.


Daddy and the boys eating wild blackberries at the apple farm.


Obviously, Nathan's third birthday.  Once a year I make these chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes.  They are so yummy, and so dangerous - which is why I only make them, once a year.  I'll have to remember to share the recipe with you next time I make them.


Gabe working on his list to Santa, and a label from our favorite fall beer.  We can only get it for one month of the year, and it is only sold at one store in town.


The boys at the pumpkin patch.  The die-cut and the sticker on this page are from Daisy D's.  I've been holding onto them for ages.  Glad I finally put them to use!


Finally, our jack-o-lantern, and the boys in their Halloween costumes.

There are more pages, and a few still to be done.  There are certainly a lot of newer papers in this mini, but there are also a lot of older items too.  In the process of making this mini I tried to let go of my usual tendency to want everything perfectly lined up and in the end, it was a lot of fun putting this mini together.  I’m really happy with the way it turned out.

I'll be back in a couple of days to share the mini I made for my day of blogging this month.  I hope you are having a lovely week!

1 comment:

  1. your new little addition is just completely adorable! congrats!

    love the mini!! super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...